Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
Graduates will establish themselves as practicing professionals in Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing or related fields.
PEO2- Continuous Personal Development
Graduates will engage in lifelong pursuit of knowledge and interdisciplinary learning appropriate for industrial and academic careers.
PEO3- Societal Engagement
Graduates will contribute to sustainable development and the well-being of society.
Programme Objectives (PO)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and Computer Aided Design And Manufacturing Engineering specialization to solve complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research, analyse and reach substantiated conclusions along with recommendations for complex Computer Aided Design And Manufacturing Engineering problems, using principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering science.
- Develop solutions for complex Computer Aided Design And Manufacturing Engineering systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, culture, society and the environment.”
- Conduct investigations using relevant research methodology including literature review, design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of results to derive scientifically sound conclusions.
- Utilize systematic approach to select/create appropriate IT tools, with full understanding of their limitations, to model, simulate and solve complex Computer Aided Design And Manufacturing Engineering problem.
- Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions towards society and the environment, and demonstrate knowledge of and the need for sustainable development.
- Apply norms of professional engineering practice ethically.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with both engineers and the community at large through discussions, reports and presentations.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a team member or leader in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Recognise the need to undertake life-long learning and possess the capacity to do so independently.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management/finance principles and apply these to one’s own work as an individual, team member or leader in a multi-disciplinary environment.