About Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the first academic departments set up under the Faculty of Engineering. It currently offers academic programmes at undergraduate level and postgraduate research qualifications at Master of Engineering Science and Doctor of Philosophy levels.
The Department is subdivided into four major sections within the Department namely, Structural and Materials Engineering, Water and Environmental Engineering, Transportation Engineering and Construction Management, Geotechnical Engineering and Surveying, and is actively engaged in R&D works with financial support from the university, government, and industrial grants. Many academic members of the Department are also pursuing engineering consultancies requiring expertise in multidisciplinary areas.
The Department currently offers one undergraduate degree programme, namely Bachelor of Civil Engineering. The programme was first introduced in the year 1956, and the latest curriculum introduced in the year 2016 as a 4-year programme under the semester system. The programme was recognised by the Malaysian Public Services Department (JPA) and is accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
The Department of Civil Engineering aspires:
- To impart in graduate’s solid knowledge of engineering fundamentals, principles, and applications.
- To instill in graduates a sense of accountability and responsibility to the environment and society with respect to professional ethics, social conduct, and the environment.
- To equip graduates with the ability to apply critical thinking to identify, formulate and solve complex civil engineering problems.
- Structural health monitoring
- Bridge Engineering
- Wind and Vibration
- Steel and composite structure
- Green Technology
- Sustainable Concrete Materials
- Concrete Technology
- Numerical Finite Analysis
- Smart Water Resources Management and Modelling
- Water Supply and sewerage
- Modelling and simulation-Hydrological and hydraulics, Meteorological, Flood, River and Water Quality
- Stormwater Management
- Remote sensing and GIS
- Artificial Intelligent
- Coastal Engineering
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Solid Waste Management
- Soil Mechanics
- Environmental Geotechnics
- Rock Mechanics
- Survey and Geo Spatial
- Transport Study
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
Master of Engineering Science
Doctor of Philosophy
Head of Department
T: (603) 7967 5203 / 5271
F: (603) 7967 5318
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/CivilEngDept.MalayaUniversity
Academic & Expertise