Welcome to Faculty of Engineering. You have certainly made a right choice to pursue your Higher Degree here at University of Malaya. We have exceptional track record of in terms of our curriculum, research, our experienced team of staff and most of all, our QS World Rankings speaks volume for itself.
How is our engineering postgraduate degree different?
Research is a key activity within the faculty and we encourage large-scale studies and a flexible approach to inter-disciplinary collaborations with other academic institutions and members of industry in order to tackle the wider range of issues facing our society and the natural world.
The Faculty of Engineering has invested heavily in the student experience and places research-led teaching at the core of our programme. We endeavour to fully support our students and researchers in their research activities and encourage them to accomplish their aims - regardless of whether their studies focus on a single academic field or address wider challenges that are shaped by the emerging needs of industry and society. In many areas, our students are clearly leading the world in their discoveries and developments.
Why pursue postgraduate degree in engineering?
Engineering is not simply an academic field that deals with technology, statistics and science. It is an exciting and rewarding discipline that has a much wider scope, ranging from basic science to applied technology. Engineers make a significant difference in the lives of millions of people. Through identifying problems and seeking new solutions, they create and design items that benefit the lives of everyone, from cars, computers and buildings, through to life-saving equipment, the generation of energy and medical procedures. Engineering is not about what the world is, it is about what the world can be.
By Coursework Mode
- Master o Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Safety, Health and Environment Engineering
- Master of Mechanical Engineering
By Research Mode
- Master of Engineering Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
To be admitted to a Master‘s programme, applicants will need to have completed a recognized Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and to have obtained a better than average cumulative grade point average (CGPA).
A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) or its equivalent in related engineering field;
Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent.
Applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.7 and above can apply directly for the Doctoral programme
International applicants are required to have:
At least IELTS Band 6 (Academic) or TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) / 213 (computer based) / 80 (Internet based) if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction.
The minimum requirements for admission into the PhD programme are:
- a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field; and
- a Master’s degree in the relevant field.
Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA of 3.7 and above, may also be considered for direct admission to the PhD programme.
|Master of Engineering (Coursework) Sem1, 2020 / 2021|
|KQB||Master of Biomedical Engineering|
|KQC||Master of Industrial Electronic Control|
|KQD||Master of Safety, Health & Environmental Engineering|
|KQF||Master of Mechtronics Engineering|
|KQI||Master of Power System Engineering|
|KQK||Master of Mechanical Engineering|
|Master Sains Kejuruteraan & PhD|
1. Additional Supervisor Form
2. Application for candidature defence
3. Application for Confirmation Letter
4. Application for PhD confirmation defence
5. Checklist for PhD application by prior publication mode
6. Checklist for Viva
7. Conversion Application Form from Master to PhD
8. Exit survey form
9. Format of Research Project Report
10. PG Progress Report Form (Manual Application)
11. Repository form
12. Submission of Thesis/Dissertation for Examination/Re-Examination Form
13. Submission of thesis dissertation form (Final)
14. Submitting Thesis
(i) Guidelines in Submitting Thesis for Examination
(ii) What's Next After Submission of Thesis
(iii) What's Next after Final Submission of thesis
15. Thesis Dissertation Correction Template
16. Research Project Meeting With Supervisor
17. Seminar Form
18. PG Room Registration
19. Permission to Travel
20. Appoint Supervisor & Title Approval
21. Application for appointment of additional supervisor CoSupervisor Consultant
22. Application for change of supervisor
23. Appeal to Extent Maximum Period of Candidature
24. Notice for Submission of Thesis/Dissertation Title Approval
25. Postgraduate Candidature Requirement Checklist For Doctoral Degree (Research Mode)
26. Postgraduate Candidature Requirement Checklist For Master's Degree (Research Mode)
27. Guidelines for the Preparation of Research Project, Dissertation and Thesis
28. Application for Postponement of Candidature Seminar
29. Application For Confirmation Defense/Candidature Defence/Seminar
Academic & Expertise